Spacious Period apartment set in quiet grounds
Bright and spacious throughout
Conveniently located within a brisk 10 minute walk of local DART. This is a granite built, Tudor style, mansion erected by Sir William Betham who was Ulster King of Arms at Dublin Castle, which meant that he was responsible for collecting genealogical records and for issuing family pedigrees. Rockford was bought by William Bruce in 1860, who spent EUR 1,500 on an extension to the main house. Until recently the house was owned by the Presentation Sisters who ran the girls school here. The house is distinguished by its many gables, stone buttresses, diagonal chimney stacks and mullioned windows. Above the main door is the inscription "NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA" which means It is in vain without the Lord. On the side of the building is the Bruce coat of arms Do well, Doubt not'. The entrance hall reminds one of entering a very grand country hotel. The unit itself is modern, bright and spacious with very high ceilings and large sash windows. White decor throughout with wood flooring in the principal rooms. Consisting of spacious hall with ample storage off. Large open plan living / dining room leading to a modern, fully fitted and equipped kitchen which has all the usual appliances and fittings. 2 spacious double bedrooms, the master with its own en suite shower room. Main bathroom with tub with shower over. Designated parking + ample extra parking. Available for a long term letting and would suit a careful couple or 2 professionals.